We are looking for the right candidate to lead all things Clinical at Southern Minnesota Behavioral Health. This position is responsible for all things clinical and will work in tandem with the Leadership Team to ensure that our clients are our priority, and receive consistent, high quality services.
Essential Job Functions include but are not limited to:
- Directs and manages office clinical activities, including but not limited to client assessments, management of care plans, oversight of all patient issues from areas of concern to resolutions, as well as implement, coordinate, maintain and evaluate all levels of patient care.
- Provides clinical leadership to staff, accountable for high quality clinical care, achievement of clinical outcomes, sets the tone for a collaborative, client-centered clinical standards
- Oversees the development and maintenance of a positive work environment balanced with accountability designed to attract and retain a stable, progressive, caring, and diverse workforce needed to ensure the delivery of high-quality, evidence-based services
- Responsible to assign and monitor caseloads on a regular basis, manage the waiting list, and provide information to clients and families about staff assignments and service delivery timelines.
- Utilize the Electronic Health Record, pulling applicable data to assist in monitoring day-to-day operations and performance including due dates, screener re-administration, DA updates, treatment plans and others.
- Ensures clinical records are compliant with Rule 29, third party insurance payors, and managed care company contracts and agreements.
- Develop and maintain Clinical Policies and Procedures for all clinical programming, and implement them across applicable programs
- Provide guidance, manage clinical service delivery, and proactively support staff clinical development.
- Develops and monitors crisis services that are clinically appropriate and serve the clients of the agency. This includes managing the on-call system, on call assignments, daily intake schedules, and processing of the crisis line procedures. The Chief Clinical Officer is the agency’s point of contact with the answering service.
- Ensures that Clinicians are engaging with the appropriate external stakeholders to ensure continuity of care for all clients.
- Responsible for meeting compliance regulations and Rule 29 requirements, HIPAA and other rules and regulations; Timely and thorough follow up to identified gap areas, changes from DHS, peer review and compliance reviews.
- Works in collaboration with the Chief Human Resources Officer to recruit and retain clinical staff; Responsible for the orientation process for new staff, ensuring a consistent and solid training plan and implementation.
- Establish and monitor clinician direct client expectations and collaborates with Chief Operations Officer on budget, regularly assessing performance to the annual budget
- Oversee grants, contracts and reporting as necessary
- Provides direct, one on one, supervision to outpatient clinical and rehab services staff as required by DHS regulations
- Contributes to grant writing and grant monitoring activities of the agency in collaboration with the Chief Executive Officer and other leadership members
- Maintains a small caseload of clients as other responsibilities allow
Competitive compensation plus:
- Generous paid vacation and sick beginning year 1
- 403b Retirement plan with discretionary employer match
- Educational and CEU opportunities through Relias Platform - at no cost to you!
- Medical insurance coverage; 2 plan options (Single coverage FREE through December 2021!)
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Wear Insurance
- Life and AD&D provided at no cost; Voluntary Life, AD&D, add-on available
- Voluntary plans available through Colonial Life
- 10 paid Holidays
- National Health Services Corps certified